Thursday, March 8, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #7

For my birthday our dear Miss Anna, who watches my kids while I am out saving lives and stamping out disease ;), gave me a beautiful scarf. This beautiful scarf was inside a beautiful bag and along with it came a beautiful card. All these things I had planned on loving, cherishing, and keeping forever.

Until I saw RIC this week.





Look at the bag, look at the card. Look at the bag. Look at my scissors.

I tried not to, I scoped all my stuff, but I couldn't help it. It seemed like the perfect fit.

Here is what is left of the bag. I had to take the pic flat cuz I already dissected it for the card(s) and it could no longer stand poor thing.



I had so much fun that I just kept making card after card. This is not in my usual style, but I went with it. The outfit had an elegance to it, but somehow also looked a bit like the circus??? Also I felt like dressing it up a bit since the lady had a necklace on. 

Here we go:





This is the only card in this COLLECTION I am entering for the challenge.  That sounds very runway doesn't it?





I am going  to give Miss Anna the cards as a token of my appreciation. And I hope it will lessen the blow on cutting up her pretty bag. I probably will make more cards for this challenge. Had one in mind and can't seem to get the execution right. Be back once I figure out the kinks!

Later, I hope

Wida




8 comments:

  1. Wow! These are so cool! So creative to use your gift bag like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety in all of your cards, and you chose the perfect colors! So glad you could join us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i love them all. that fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congrats on your Win! AWESOME card, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Wida! YOU WON!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...