Sunday, March 25, 2012

ColourQ #129

Good morning! 


You know, I really need to work on the colourQ challenges earlier in the week. I always seem to get inspired on Saturday nights or Sunday mornings and cut the deadline so close! I just want the card to be QUEEN worthy ;)


For the challenge I wanted to include flowers because of the inspiration photo, but not just any flower. A special technique and using my favorite flower set: 5th Avenue Floral from Stampin' Up. I tried watercolor but didn't like the results. Might try it again because I don't have the right supplies for that trick. So, in browsing the internet for ideas, I found this website showing how to color on velum.









I could not photograph this card to capture it's real beauty. I hope that you can see the velum with the transparency, the embossed background and well...the hard work!


And the yummie color palate from ColourQ:
 


Thank you for stopping by,


Wida


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Wida, I love your Vellum lilies! Thanks for joining us this week for the ColourQ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, this is spectacular! Very, very pretty! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are stunning! Don't you just love trying new techniques:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, love what you did with the flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wida, this is just breathtaking! LOVE IT! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how DREAMY is this card, Wida! It's absolutely divine! Love your choice of vellum and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I just started heat embossing and colouring on vellum and have made 2 cards which I will be posting on my blog shortly. I hope you stop by to have a look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this card. I can see the hard work that went into it. Now I want to make one like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...