Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Color Throwdown and a Question by Christine Duffy!

The Color Throwdown challenge blog will be celebrating its 5th anniversary with its 250th challenge on Wednesday, July 10 and IHP will be donating a $25 gift certificate. Since I am on the i {heart} papers design team, I thought I would participate too!

Colors are equivalents of SU's Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Kraft, and So Saffron. SU! colors aren't required even though those are the color names that get used for challenges--just use what you have that's close to the challenge colors. 

Here's what I "threw down"



I used some Lifestyle Crafts Quickutz cutting dies to create the ocean waves. the kraft represents sand and well the rest is self explanatory!





Come join the fun at the Color Throwdown and win a GC to i {heart} papers



I am also entering this card in the July Paper Crafts July Gallery Challenge. The theme is nautical.


**Lastly: I got this comment on my blog and wanted to answer, but Christine Duffy, you didn't leave your email so I could write you back!! So hopefully you will read this!

"I just started following and so excited to see the wonderful things you do, please tell me what is the ink you used in stamping winterberries on PBB?"

Answer: I used Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan! Thanks for your kind words :)


37 comments:

  1. What a cute card and lovely colors!! Love your designs too!! Your creations amazed me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wida! This is WAY cute! love the blue-y scallops and those adorable flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I would totally wear flip flops like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Widaaaa, you knock my socks off. I LOVE this.

    P.S. I spell bad. Hence deleted comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun Wida! LOVE those flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!!! I love how you did the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is darling, Wida! I love the water & your sweet little flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Wida,

    das ist ja eine süße Karte!!! ich bin begeistert!!!

    LG Flo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute & fun! Love those little flip flops. I always struggle with color challenges but I really like this color story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wida the scallops are so perfect, love the look of the water and love your flippies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your beachy keen card! Using the scallop borders as waves is genius! Thanks so much for playing along and helping us celebrate at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. flippin' adorbs! love those jumbo scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. did you hand cut those flip flops?! So very, very cute and perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is just great! I love how your scallops look like waves! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really must use my flip flop set more!!! Those colours are just perfect for such a summery beach scene :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable, Wida!! I hope I get a chance to join in the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is SO cute Wida! These are the perfect colors for your beach themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there cute girl! This is darling! I love the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! The layers of blue border and the flip flops are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet and summery! perfect summer birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too cute! Love the ombre waves and those adorable flip flops. Thanks for joining us for our big Color Throwdown celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How flippin' cute! Love those ombre waves! And I can't believe you used Chestnut Roan on your PB card--it had a nice, deep burgundy color.

    ReplyDelete
  23. so lovely card, fresh and so summer like...love those thongs...and all the color combo is super well done
    thanks for sharing
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate over at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you have a kraft base and the blue scalloped edges. It really gives a beach feel while still being beautifully CAS. The pink flowers add a very sweet pop of color as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too cute! LOVE those little flip-flops! Thanks for helping us celebrate at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is just plain adorable! Lovin' the scallops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...