Sunday, June 17, 2012

Where did I go?

Hi all,

My Cinderella moment has come to an end, I am proud to say that I made it to the TOP 15 in Paper Crafts Gallery Idol! For this green bean, it is a shining moment.

I have had this blog for 6 months and am trying hard to figure things out. I have asked lots of questions and thought about where I want to go next. Since there is no blogger handbook, here is what I have concluded:

1. Make cards
2. Find great challenges, get inspired, and enter...try to win (I am competitive that way)
3. Make some friends, get some followers
4. Comments, love comments. You know what my favorite part of that has been? When I love someones work who is obviously better than me, make a comment on their blog, and THEY say my comment made THEIR day! What??? little ol' me? 
5. Listen to Susan Opel and publish, even if your mentors told you that months ago...

I have been missing from my regular, challenge entering posts for that reason. I have been making cards with the hopes of publishing something! I love Paper Crafts Magazine. Have a subscription and as I flip through the pages, I realized I know about 80% of the designers. That is so cool! I am going to try to publish elsewhere too, but PC is my first stop!

On a different note, today is father's day. I made this card for Lance to give to his dad. I gave my dad a mustache one, see post here.

It's simple...

stamps: My Thoughts Exactly Fathers Day Mini and Mustache Mania and liquid pearls to make the dots pop.

If anyone has some adjustments to my 5, let me know. I am open to hearing ideas! And welcome to some new followers. Thank you so much!!!

Bye Friends,

Wida


15 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! Perfectly CAS! And your top 5 reasons are really the best reasons! Glad to have met you! And soon in person! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great to start to where you want to go. Just keep heading down the path and you'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wida, you are doing awesome! I am so proud of you for making Top 15 in the GI! I am right there with you in the hopes to be published. I have only done PC twice, but I know there are a lot more opportunities. If only life wasn't so busy ;) Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wida, your cards are awesome, my friend!! You and JJ were my 2 favorites in GI. It's not gonna be the same w/o you 2! Your top 5 sounds great.... more reason for me to buy PC mag. :) I always enjoy seeing familiar names. Almost forgot to comment on this terrific masculine CAS! xoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an exciting new adventure, and you're keeping yourself grounded by defining your top 5, great job! Fun Father's card too, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I don't know what to call you anymore: Beachy, Tina, or green bean:) cute cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just one more - have fun :) I find all of it is way better if I'm having a good time instead of stressing about deadlines/winning. Winning is pretty awesome, though! Congrats on being in a very talented top 15, Wida - so glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. Wida! You are a great designer with fine execution. Look at your achievement since you started blogging! Be creative and have fun with paper crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just one addition to your list: Be yourself! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you and this blog. I know I don't always leave comments, but I check in all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this CAS Father's Day card Wida! It's perfect! Love the masculine colors and the very clean design.

    I'm so proud of you for making it to the top 15 on GI and I know I'll be seeing your fabulous cards in PC mag too! I've been hard at work making invitations (40 of them) for my SIL's baby shower and I'm looking forward to making cards for FUN again soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your followers are so proud of how far you went. For a lot of us it may be the inspiration to try ourselves one year.At least you are inspiring me to try. Glad to have you back to us and look forward to all those lovely cards you will be creating in the near future.P.S. love your father's day card. Must remember it for September(aus father's day)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl.....keep on doin whatcha doing.....and be yourself....no one else is qualified.......but you! Girl....you know you rock!! Love ya dearie and can't wait to meet ya irl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just follow your heart and you are on your way!! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card...love those fun ties...I love that you are inspired...your creations are amazing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...