Monday, June 4, 2012

Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Challenge Round 2

You have not idea what shock and awe I have been in for the last few days. 

I was selected out of so so many wonderful cards (nearly 2000) to participate in Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol 2012. I have so few followers and a handful of people who are loyal and enthusiastic about what I create to say so with each post. I am not even close to being a somebody in this blog world. I feel like Cinderella (my favorite Disney princess). Thank you for all of you who congratulated and encouraged me, I tried to write back to each of you and if I missed you, I am sorry. I really appreciated the well wishes!

For the second round of the contest, we were given the theme: "YOU COLOR MY WORLD". If you know me, you know I love rainbow cards. So off I went to make my entry.

They asked me to name my card. I have never done that before. After much thought...

I call it "REVEALED" (said in a dramatic fashion while curtains part and my card is shown).





Supplies: Hero Arts butterfly die, Papertrey Ink sentiment, Martha Stewart glitter. 

There are so many decisions that go into making a card that people don't realize. Color choices, placement  of sentiment, photography, and image selection among others.  The self doubt is mind boggling. In the end, I realized I needed to make a card that I was happy with and hope for the best. Thank you fellow idol Jennifer Ingle for helping me see that and my sister-in-law Carla for giving it to me straight ;).

The idea of my card stems from the concept of letting others get to know you or conversely, learning more about someone else and the beauty you will find in doing so.  Hence the title REVEALED.

I hope you find my card worthy of a vote. Click here to see all 20 fantastic entries too.

Humbly Yours,

Wida

33 comments:

  1. You are knocking me out Wida!

    So glad we're on this crazy ride together girlie! Mega hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Wida! Clean, simple and glitter. How can you go wrong? I love the glitter popping out from the butterfly and the title is a perfect fit! Good luck, Beachy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful, CAS card Wida! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of rainbow glitter! I'm so happy to be going through Gallery Idol with you...you so deserve it!! Hope you make it through to the next round :)

    PS My fave Disney Princess is Belle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echo the sentiments here... LOVE it, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is STUNNING and GORGEOUS!!!! You've got my vote Wida!!!!! I'm so happy for your and proud of you!!! I'm cheering you on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just became a follower! I've been following by email for a while now, but always forgot to click on your Networked Blog gadget.
    Your cards are stunning...this one included! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wida Love this post it's so you! I love your card and that your calling it Reveled! :> Fantastic job with the glitter! :> So glad to be getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wida, I am so thrilled for you! You worked so hard. You created such a fabulous card! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a striking card and your title fits it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I'm hooting for you!!! Your card is beautiful and yeah that darn self doubt will get you. Glad you came up with something you like because we all love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so pleased to see you in the top 20 Wida, I just knew all your creativeness would take you there!
    The butterfly revealing the rainbow is beautiful, such a lovely concept..... Great card:0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. c.o.n.g.r.a.t.s GIRL! All the best on your entry... VOTE for you! :)

    xoxo
    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wida I love your sparkly butterfly! This is an adorable CAS card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEAH!! I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner!! I had a death in the family and I'm Kinda glad I wasn't selected, becuase I wouldn't have had the time!! When I saw your name I let out a shout for you!! I LOVE your card and lets just say you are one vote closer to the next round!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK my blog friend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is wonderful!!! So colorful and sweet!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! AND... I VOTED!!! :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You totally deserve it! I love your cards!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wida, again, HUGE congrats on being here. I was so excited to see your familiar face on the Gallery Top 20! And, I LOVE your butterfly card. It's a great card on its own right, but mixed with your idea of revealing all the great stuff on the inside, just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card for the entry! I will see you in the next round, Wida! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh congratulations Wida - I could hear how much this meant to you. Your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Especially more so when you explain the meaning and your inspiration...I think that's what I love so much about people's card blogs. You get a glimpse of the madness behind the art! Congrats, again, on the top 20! You got my vote to make it to the top 15! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Wida! I love your explanation of the card's concept, too. Good luck in Round 2!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely LOVE the meaning behind your card Wida. No idea how you did the glitter as I have never been brave enough to try this! LOL Gorgeous card inside and out! So glad to be in the Top 20 with you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Wida! You know I love your card--the CAS design, the perfect execution, the hidden glitter--it all works so well! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was too late to vote, But I would've voted for You! Love the introspective aspect of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...