Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Research Experiment

Ever seen Oprah's closet?


Isn't it beautiful?  If you want a complete tour, click HERE. I remember on this episode she spoke about making your space so beautiful that you would want to shop in your own closet. It gave me an idea...


 photo 72840073-2083-4e26-b1e9-53d61aa836ee_zps6bce90cb.jpg

I made my own mood board with supplies that I bought recently. I made it pretty and inviting just like the closet. Then I challenged myself to make as many cards as I could using mainly the above supplies. Here is what I came up with. 



#1:
 photo 31e29dc1-5d41-4446-b82a-aa146b4e69d6_zpse076f42a.jpg



#2:
 photo 4cdb6aa3-9913-49eb-ad09-746b0f10d4ee_zps91eecdb4.jpg


#3:
 photo e0f626af-52fe-4af0-a5bc-72c5211b8a5d_zps70fef018.jpg


#4:
 photo d8e3bd40-8126-43ef-9865-9016667123ab_zps648366ca.jpg


#5:
 photo 05002765-da0f-4069-8b33-4f9def00004e_zps40aad42d.jpg


Close Up of #5:
 photo 17018033-7b6e-4708-954e-f18bd0af0548_zps565ad62e.jpg



I made these cards in a single evening. They were super fast to make because I basically was inspired by cards I pinned by Laurie Willison on Pinterest. She is an inspiration to me. Also I think concentrating your supplies helped me stay focused and helped my creativity.

I wrapped up my card set with the ribbon from my "kit" and attached a simple tag. Voila! a gift set complete!

 photo fa4c9b42-abf8-48d2-8240-63f2c61b74d3_zps316e5019.jpg


Supplies:
Dies: Lawn Fawn Into the Woods , Avery Elle  Simply Tags
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Into the Woods and Happy Everything
Paper: Crate Paper DIY shop
Other: Gold Sequins and Ribbon  by i {heart} papers, twine by Hemptique

I am entering this in Lawnscaping Challenge: Patterned Paper



41 comments:

  1. SOOOO many awesomeness in just 1 post!! I love your mood board and I love how you took the same supplies and made so many cards!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post and cards. Love how you got your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set of cards, Wida! Love how you challenged yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like! You could totally run a kit club! Seriously, these are wonderful, and there are so many! Especially in love with the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, feel free to TOTALLY change the way EVERYBODY is going to spend their time card making....like FOREVER.
    Awe. Some. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Wida. It just make me want to cry when you say that you've done all in an evening... for me it would be days... :). But I will give a try of making my own mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on Oprah's closet! Bet that felt great to whip up such a fun present. (And a good way to put a dent in a stash.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, Wida! And what an adorable set of cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, amazing that you can create so many beautiful cards from so few supplies. I will have to try that sometime. Gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your research gets a First in my grading scheme. ;-) Awesome inspiration, awesome idea and super-awesome cards!! The first one especially makes me squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the idea and those cards are sooooooo cute! thanks for the inspiration, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let's just say you have taken LAW FAWN to a NEW level!!
    Each card is so unique in itself...yet go together Beautifully for a set.
    I'm nuts over the acorn groupees on the measuring tape!
    BRAVO Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word. Such an awesome idea to make a fun kit with your own stash. All of your cards are fantastic... I especially like the gold embossed hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card set is adorable! That is a great idea to challenge yourself with supplies from your own stash! I think the first card is my favorite! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of creating your own mood board... I should totally try that some time.. I added your card to the May Arts around the web pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my, LOVE all the eye candy and source of inspiration! I must try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your creativity here! This is such a great workout and you show the examples beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post! What a great idea! Love your mood board! And love all the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa! Talk about a productive craft session! Love all those cards and fab colors...that chocolate ribbon in the first card is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You are a little card making machine! LOVE all your cards and my fave is the last with the vellum(?) and embossed hearts! Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. very sweet..in love with the first card..gorgeous colors too..and gorgeous gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're so smart. What a fantastic idea to inspire yourself! love the simplicity of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I'd say your experiment was an outstanding success! I love each and every one of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You amaze me Wida. Seriously, awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous idea for a challenge. I love all the cards you made.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A FANTABULOUS selection of cards Wida - LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome idea, you always have something new to bring to the table. I love that, Wida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow, stunning cards!!!c Love them all
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xoxo Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is SO AWESOME, Wida! Great inspiration from your mood board ! Love The idea and ALL of your cards! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is SO AWESOME, Wida! Great inspiration from your mood board ! Love The idea and ALL of your cards! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love, love, love them all! I am just amazed at how awesome these all turned out, just WOW!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are amazing Wida! I love every single card! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love love love this concept, Wida!!!! And your cards turned out absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...