Friday, October 18, 2013

Pillows and Bags, Let's Chat...



I really do love my house and all the chaos in it. The family room is my favorite space because its the hub of the house and where we lounge around most of the time on a big stone blue sectional. Recently, I decided it needed a revamp. The first place I started was the pillows. They are cheap (mostly) and can transform the entire mood of a room so quickly. I found these pillows at TJ Maxx and love the pop of color it gives. 


The couch is also where I am held hostage watching shows that I have seen a 1000 times with my kids playing all around making messes faster than I can clean them. There is a reason for the zoom shot in the above photo! Ha! Here is the space zoomed out.


My favorite pillows purchase are these by Pottery Barn called the Lucianna Medallian:

and on the table are these hurricanes which I think are a great concept, just switch out the bottom part with different fillers depending on the season. Mine has seashells and rocks:



So while my kids are playing, I am dreaming up crafty ideas...
 photo 659a423c-0d4a-4396-926a-2a8685703b89_zpsf7494ce4.jpg

This small box is perfect for sweet treats, gift certificates, jewelry or other trinkets.


A close up of the tag...

 photo 549fec9c-eeb0-4ceb-a90a-bf28b6b186f9_zpsbde30e20.jpg

I used the small square in the Casual Fridays die set to create the tag, by using a technique found HERE (by the fabulous Elena Roussakis).



Supplies:
Dies: Bag Silhouette file #31875, Casual Friday Bold Wishes Die




Our sponsor for this challenge:


So where do you dream? :)


11 comments:

  1. This little tag is so adorable Wida!! Love the glitter and patterned paper combo you used! Your home looks so wonderful! Some really great decorative touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the stone mantle...makes me miss Colorado so much! Awesome bag and tag...such a fun CFS die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the peek into your home :) I can so relate to the chaos of the family room but it is where some of my favourite memories are too. Gorgeous glitter on the tag and cute box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is adorable in this post, Wida! Your livingroom, your pillows and that adorable gift box. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! The room looks great, and I love the sparkly stacked flower on the tag, perfect with the red box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillows accent your family room wonderfully! what a lovely room it is too!! Love your sweet little box with the wonderful little tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your house is so beautifully decorated! because of our cats, we can't have nice things. so most of the time i can only admire other people's places. =) really like those glass hurricanes and the idea that you can swap the bottom out according to the season. nice!

    love your project for this week! so pretty and festive. love the glittered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet tag and box! Love the big sparkly 'snowflake'. Very elegant and Christmassy. Tfs the photos of your lovely home. I feel the same way about my family room too. It's a nice cozy place to be. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, new pillow covers make me so darn happy! I have a *small* collection that I swap out each season. I get especially excited when Crate and Barrel give their covers away for $3 and $4 after Christmas (although I didn't catch the sale last year).

    Love your living room, and your new pillows ... thanks for sharing! Your glittered, layered die is so delish : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your house, love your pillows and candle holders, LOVE your tag, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful dreaming space...those big pillows are divine! i love the idea of being able to change out the candle base decor...genius!
    this little box and tag are so pretty. i love the glittery diecuts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...