Monday, October 14, 2013

Good Times: Background Stamping Technique

 photo 4a64240c-52d3-4639-abda-fc2b9137c9de_zpsb6bd90b4.jpg



To create the back ground I used my Hero Arts Envelope Liner Stamp and inked the entire stamp with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then randomly using Vintage Photo distress ink. It gives a faded random pattern to the background stamp.  



The stars were embossed in gold. After die cutting the 2 notebook dies, I punched out a rectangle using a square punch that I angled a bit and punched twice to get the shape I wanted. I layered the notebook dies to create some added interest. The alien was left as is :)





Here is the sketch for this week if you want to give it a go.



and the rest of the DT:
Savannah


Supplies:
Stamps: Envelope liner Hero Arts, Space Cadet Paper Smooches
Paper: Crate Paper Acorn Avenue


10 comments:

  1. Cute Wida! Love the frame you created from the notebook pages and that little alien is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the window created in the die cut notebook paper and great tip on the background stamping technique! Love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the double frame with the notebook die and the embossed stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this Wida:) I thought that was a HA stamp as the background. Love the papers and your fun die cut design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this!! I love how you did the background and that little alien is so cute! Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog too. Totally made my day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so darn cute, girl! love the background, too. super card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...