Wednesday, October 23, 2013

All I Want For Christmas is NUDE LIPSTICK and a Nice Card.




2 things to discuss today on the ol' blog today.

1. The perfect shade of nude lipstick. I am on a mission. It's serious. I always get one that is too light or too peach. Just not right for my skin tone.

One time, while in nursing school, my high school/college friend Julie and I were in health assessment class and were asked to describe each others skin color. She called mine "JAUNDICED". Really? REALLY! And if you want to know how to say it professionally: "skin color normal for ethnicity."



I have searched and searched and found THIS blog post outlining the 7 best nude lipsticks. I plan on trying out this one. Cross your fingers for me. Hope it's not a million dollars!


Kim Kardashian in Dior Addict Extreme in Incognito. 



And now, on to the card! This card came out pretty balanced and well, NICE! It was pretty easy to make too :) Last year, I was blessed to get a lot of beautiful cards from bloggers and I got lazy and just printed up a photo card. I felt guilty for not putting in the same effort. THIS YEAR, I am going in prepared. I have begun making a variety of Christmas cards ready to be mailed to my blogging friends. YEAH!

 photo 63285064-65ef-4e83-aef2-987358f2c7be_zps61eff757.jpg


Supplies:

17 comments:

  1. My absolute favorite nudes are YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in "Nude in Private," and Estee Lauder's "Crystal Baby." They have a pink cast-- not too beige or orange or brown or yellow. The YSL has the most incredible texture-- totally worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowy background! And yes! This year I'm going to be mailing out Christmas cards earlier :) And love the post on nude lipstick. I don't like red or pink ones so I'm definitely going to try out a nude one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Pink Truffle Revlon lip butter. My lips are really pigmented so I can't go straight nude with my skin tone or it looks like I put concealer on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that die with the texty paper! Great card! I have no knowledge of lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely texture, lovely design, lovely card!
    Love to send and receive handmade Christmas cards from bloggin' peeps around the world - so much fun! Your recipients are in for a treat this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S I can't do nude lipstick. I look ill with it combined with my pale skin. I've been known to go deep red for a bit of drama.... *wink*
    I think your complexion will totally suit nude lipstick. Pictures please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post, and an amazing card. Good luck with the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you photo Wida! Also love your card - that die is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful, Wida! your card just have that easiness that makes me sigh. does that make sense? =) good luck on your journey of find the perfect lipstick and yay for handmade holiday card from you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT profile photo, W!! Kim what's-her-name has nuttin' on you, darlin'!! Good luck on the nude lipstick search. You could get by with a swipe of Vaseline on those lovely mwahs!! Oh, wait, is there a card? Oh, yes, there is and it isn't just NICE - please! It is sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can totally relate about the nude lipstick search. I usually end up with them being too pinky or orange and I look ill. Have taken to lip gloss at the moment but even trying to find a nice natural 'nude' one of those is a pain. Love the card by the way too....the die with the text paper looks amazing and love the snowy background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and gorgeous! Just like your choice of lipstick...lol...jaundice...crack me up. I guess there are worse things to be called, leave it to our pts to give us names.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card design! Good luck with finding the perfect lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! My problem isn't the making of the cards but the SENDING of them in time. I love receiving cards, so I need to make a bigger effort to get mine sent early this year! ;-) As for nude lipsticks, the one you've chosen looks good. You'll have to share photos when you get it. If it looks good on Kim, you're sure to look better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha - too funny! I wish you well with your mission. I had a "LIpstick Mission" a few years back, trying to find one that stayed on but didn't look "thick". The Dior brand is a favourite of my sisters!

    Seriously cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love your card!
    And as for lipsticks, the only one I wear (if I wear lipstick) is Twig, by MAC. My best friend from years ago read an article and it said that this colour looked good on every skin type. I find it's very close to my actual lip colour, but now that I'm thinking about it, this might not be what you mean. Okay, then just disregard what I wrote. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    HOME DÉCOR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...