Tuesday, May 21, 2013

RIC #36



the runway show is on at Project Runway Challenge! Look at this trendy photo inspiration!!!





it's hard to tell in the photo, but to get the textured background I took a piece of red textured cardstock and then rubbed barn door distress in on it using the stamp pad flatly. This was my sad attempt to create something from scratch like my teamie Tasnim is so well known for! To represent the button on her collar I punched out the circle and used a round sentiment. The triangles were a must have for this creation in grey and brown. I always enjoy seeing how people were inspired by the photo. The things people notice aways amazes me!

The stamps are from Mama Elephant and Hero Arts/SC. 



This week our guest designer is the awesome Debby Hughes! And the prize is Ellen Hutson gift certification. It's a winning week!


Aga on maternity leave


Ok people of RIC, give us your good stuff and play along! I can't wait to see what you make! and that's not just a line, I really can't wait!!!


29 comments:

  1. Fun and outta control triangles with a clean-cut design ... great mix, Wida! Love your nod to the button too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rocked it! love the added depth you got by rubbing distress ink on the red panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think this is amazing. I will try this one. I would like to win the Ellen Hutson Gift Certification. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Wida!! Just *love* those graphic triangles with the perfectly positioned colours, great way to incorporate the button too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Wida, those triangles are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funky and fun, just like the inspiration photo. Love your choices-triangles, the popped up panel, and the punched circle. Really great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the muted colors on this one, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how bold and graphic this is! That red is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful layers and those triangles are faaabulous!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card, Wida! I love your made-from-scratch approach! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous take Wida! Love that off set panel against the red :) Oh and a touch of negative die cutting makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Wida! Very trendy and very cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightfully modern card..I just love it, especially the die cut window and triangle panel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card, thanks for sharing!
    linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the inspiration photo, Wida! The pattern that you snagged from that sweater is rockin' fabulous!!! I didn't even notice it until I saw your card! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The only way you will be taking 6 homeopathic things to do to get a boyfriendifers and 1 colon cleanse product.

    The herbal tea works to move everything out of the body are stimulated
    by Moringa and caused to replace damaged, diseased tissue.



    my website ... web page

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB card Wida - HUGE Congrats on your Paper Smooches Sparks DT spot too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect take on the inspiration - looks fabulous - I love the pattern and the rich red!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the graphic effect and negative die cut you've used here! That red is so rich - thanks for sharing your technique, VERY clever!!

    (and thank you for your well wishes - HUGS!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, Wida. Love how you used Distress Ink to alter your cardstock. It's such a stunning deep red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...