Monday, May 6, 2013

GCD Studios Card For Teacher

Hi Everyone!

As we near the end of the school year, I am reminded that one of my favorite things to do for my kids' teacher is to make a special card and include a gift.

The Pure Bliss Collection from GCD Studios has an alphabet paper that is just perfect for a teacher card. It was a MUST USE to create my card today.


I started by die cutting 2 stars using my Silhouette. The size of the stars are 5inches in diameter. You could also use Spellbinder dies or free hand cut the star shape.



Create a card by scoring the bottom star at the top and adhering to the back of the top star.



Then I punched 3/4 inch strips of paper with my scalloped edge punch and adhered them on the card, cutting away the excess.



I made my own garland from heart punches sewn together. The paper pack also comes with a sheet that looks like small journaling tags. I used one to stamp my sentiment.

I embellished my card further with stickers and pink enamel dots. You could even hole punch the top of the card to transform it into a tag!

Supplies:
Paper-Pure Bliss-Alphabet #2019, Pink Honeycomb #2023, Journal Tags #2025, Label Stickers #2033
Stamp-Papertrey Ink
Punches-scalloped edge punch and 3 heart punch from Stampin' Up!
other: Silhouette, enamel dots Ambrosia

Thanks SO much for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. I love the scalloped background! This card is just gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love the colors, design and embellies. I recognize your sentiment from one of your published cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Wida! And so different and unique too, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft colors! Great shape, the scallops on the star, the heart banner, the enamel dots, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wida! This is just GORGEOUS! All those layers and stitching and die cuts...oh my. Love. it. to. pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wida, Wida, I LOVE what you did with the GCD Paper! Still fresh of your own! LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your layered scallops of the same patterned paper!! Fabulous idea. Love your heart garland with the tails hanging off the edge, too. A card that is chock full o' goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you say you don't do layers! HA!!! Look at all these rows of scallops and then stitched hearts on top of that?? YOU KNOW this one is making me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...