Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello Again


 Casual Fridays has a really great challenge this week. I met up with Michele Gross, owner of Casual Friday's blog, and Tenia Nelson last weekend at Archiver's and we brainstormed. We laughed a bunch! Sadly, we didn't take a picture so you can't see how cute they are. Well, Tenia made 2 cards for the upcoming Paper Crafts Call and I spent most of the time picking Michele's brain. She has something coming up and it is KILLING ME not knowing!

**Edited to add: other than the die cut sentiment, this is not anything we brainstormed, but we did decide that getting a silhouette was definitely in our future.

I came home after a week away and went finally to work to create a card for the challenge which was to create a card inspired by your blog header.

I have a ton of bling.


But why waste packaging?

Inserted some sand to get that BEACHY vibe and sealed up the corner extra tight.


and Voila! my Beachorado inspired card! See the sand? Kind of a shaker card of sorts.



Thanks!!! Not much time to chat, the deadline is approaching!

Wida

18 comments:

  1. This is a great card, such bright colors! Love the idea of using sand (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Wida! Love the background you photographed it against too! Way to recycle...I mean upcycle your supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute how you said you "picked my brain" :) People, that is code for she interrogated me about the Big Huge Announcement I'll be making later this month! LOL! :)
    Wida, your card is awesome! I love how you added the sand for the beach. Fabulous! Glad you tooted your horn with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Saw this on FB and thought "sand? what sand?" So I came here and I'm glad I did! Genius! And a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooo I love how your brain works! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design, Wida! So smart of you to reuse the bag. Perfect take on your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your thinking-outside-the-box is awesome, Wida! I love picking YOUR brain sometime, too! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How ingenious and wonderfully creative, Wida!! Love the sand behind your letters!! GREAT take on your header!! How cool you got to hang with Michele...one lovely lady inside and out!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant Wida, I love you super creative take on your header....a sand shaker card...genius!!
    Thanks for tootin your horn with us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative, Wida! Not only using the blog header itself, but the inspiration behind its name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I've never been to Archiver's! I think I would have to hide my wallet lol! Your card is super cool - love the sand! Perfection! At first, I thought you were going to color the pearls to mimic the dots on your header, but the scale of the buttons is much better. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this Hello card! I'm happy dancing for you! Glad you got a little recognition. Hang in there, they'll get better at recognizing REAL talent! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just brilliant! I love how you used the packaging--very clever, Wida! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So clever! I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore when I look at this card!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever and cute and very blog header representing! Congrats on your shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...