A post dedicated to my love of October Afternoon, a manufacturing company with pretty crafty stuff!
using 5 & Dime
Saturday Afternoon Story Time:
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Now for those of you who like my chattiness, I am now going to talk about another thing I noticed about blogging. The SIDEBAR. The sidebar of a blogger will have some awards i.e. badges of honor, DT memberships, and some include their favorite designers. Do you notice them? I think they are an interesting phenomenon. I have been honored to be on a few and if you are one of those sweet folks who has my blog on your sideboard--thank you!
So I had been saying to the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol girls (we have a secret Facebook group page together...uh...guess it's not a secret anymore) that I have found myself on some people's sidebar and how honored I felt. Then, one day Joscelyne Cutches, Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Winner 2012, who has put me on her sidebar by the way (just name dropping, bear with me), asks lil' ol' me that she noticed I don't have anyone on my sidebar?
My analytical brain went into action.
Why don't I sidebar?
I will put it in bullet form:
- I am technologically challenged. I have no idea how to do that
- I like a cleaner looking blog
- I don't want to hurt any one's feeling
- the sidebar would have about 30 names, I can't narrow them down!!
- You got to be really confident to sidebar, you are saying, I like these people and that's it! no questions, no apologies, you are proud!!!
So, that's it. I can't sidebar. too much pressure. how about you?