It's Papertrey Ink's January Blog hop! The theme is black backgrounds...
This card was very technical, it uses INLAY and CLEAR EMBOSSING ON DRY EMBOSSING TECHNIQUES. Here is how I did it, hope I explain this right.
- die cut the word lucky out of a black card stock base, save the black pieces that go into the loops of the words (in the letter l, k, and y)
- cut an identical piece of black cardstock that is the same size as the front of the card and apply a lot tape in the area where the lucky is going to be and along the edges of the card
- glue this piece to the back side of the front flap of the card base
- die cut the word lucky in hot pink card stock
- inlay the pink lucky word die into the top of card
- apply the black pieces for the loops of the letter l, k, and y
- stamp the sentiment in versamark and white emboss
- dry emboss the roses
- rub on pink versamark ink on the raised parts of the rose
- clear emboss the rose
- cut out rose leaving a small edge border
- pop up in bottom corner of card using foam tape
TIP: I HIGHLY recommend an emboss buddy on this card!!