HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today is my one year blog anniversary! It has been a wonderful year full of a lot of discoveries. I thought it best be said in a top 10 kind of way.
10. Getting my FIRST nonfriend follower.
- Annette Witherspoon. I don't think she knows how how excited I was to see her picture on my google followers. Thank you Annette!
9. Winning my first challenge.
- I won the Hero Arts Blog Challenge for friendship and Hello Cards for this card. That was so exciting!
8. Joining my first design team, and then some more design teams.
- My Thoughts Exactly is a stamp company who makes funny sentiment and cute image stamps. Here is my favorite card that I made while designing for them.
- My favorite from Paper Made Bakery Design Team. A kit club with delicious contents ready for you to cook up something good.
I am kind of obsessed with shaker cards!
- My favorite from Runway Inspired Challenge Design Team. A challenge blog with my favorite designers in it hitting home run designs every time.
7. Winning Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol Top 15.
- The mother of all challenges. A dream come true for this challenge junkie.
My winning entry.
a few bloggers asked me what my favorite card of 2012 was. This is the one that always makes my heart melt. My favorite color, gray. My favorite go to: glitter and die cuts. it's a winner to me.
This has to be my most pinned card on Pinterest. People think the idea of a "twofer" card is clever. (It folds flat but opens up to be 2 individual cards) Me too! But, sadly, it lost. Oh Well!
6. Getting published
- I have been a subscriber for many years so to recognize the names in it and then be in it, well I can't even tell you how cool that is!
- I never did show you all the cards that got published by Paper Crafts Magazine did I?
5. Losing a Blog Follower and other down sides of blogging
- that kind of hurt, but it ended up being a weird misunderstanding. If I told you, you wouldn't believe it! ;)
- Getting the photo just right. Window sill or sitting by the window. People love the window sill, but I still break out the sitting by the window when the mood hits.
- Analyzing EVERYTHING! My job is to analyze. It's how my brain works, but sometimes I overdid it and lost some of the love for blogging.
- I decided my style was Fresh Clean and Simple. It was no easy task. Lots of blogging about this one. I blame Project Runway for starting my quest to analytical chaos. Along the way, I put my analytical nature to good use by starting Diagnosis Design, a segment dedicated to the card maker who knows their aesthetic and executes it well.
3. Learning to create just for fun, have ideas and having you join in on the fun!
2. Guest Designing.
- It took me almost the entire year, but in December I started to let go and just have fun. I created some cards just because and with friends. Here is one I did with Alyssa Scritchfield from a photo she posted on Facebook. I was getting burned out on challenges and wanted to create with/for those few people who enjoy the art of card making . Thanks peeps for checking out my stuff!
- CASADIA! Thank you for keeping it going strong. Who would have guessed a silly idea would have such support? To see how far it has gotten, click the casadia tab at the top of the blog.
2. Guest Designing.
- Being asked to guest is a huge honor. Thank you: A BLOG NAMED HERO, CASE STUDY CHALLENGE, RUNWAY INSPIRED CHALLENGE, and CLEAR AND SIMPLE STAMPS.
- My favorite card for guesting was for Clear and Simple Stamps
1. Meeting blogging friends.
- Erin Theim told me long, long ago that I would make friendships in blog land that would become so special to me and she was right. What a wonderful group of caring, encouraging, and funny ladies who are always so positive! thank you so much for giving me an outlet to create, and sometimes vent.
In honor of my first anniversary, I am giving one blog follower this prize package with my favorite things. Hero Arts/Studio Calico, Paper Smooches, and die cuts! Deadline is Friday January 11th, 2013. The winner will be announced Jan 14, just leave a comment on this post! **You have to be a follower to be eligible.
And finally, My new picture for 2013...
Thank you for a wonderful first year. I am totally addicted now.
recovering challenge junkie