Thursday, September 27, 2012

Liebster Award and a Card

Hi Everybody!



I was lucky enough to be awarded the Liebster Award again, this time by a sweet new follower named Katie Ann Brooks. What a surprise and sweet honor to be given this recognition. Thank you so kindly Katie and I love your name. I think if we knew eachother in person, I would call you by your full name every time I saw you. Why be just Katie, when you could be Katie Ann Brooks!

Leibster, is a German word meaning "beloved, dearest or favorite" and this award is shared only among those of us with 200 or fewer followers.   Part of the honor is to pass it along to five others who are  encouraging me and others through their sweet comments as well as inspiring us with their own beautiful projects. So I gladly pass this honor on to: 


Karen: I discovered Karen while browsing through Splitcoast Stampers and I was blown away by her cards. Every time I check in with her, she has like 10 new followers because people can immediately see her talent. She likes to try new techniques while still maintaining her BOLD CAS style. Sometimes cute, sometimes elegant, but always awesome. She makes me want to try BOLD.

Wendy:I discovered Wendy while looking through the Retro Sketches blog...THIS card blew me away and I was hooked on her blog at that moment. She makes me want to be ETHERIAL. 

Claudia: I cannot tell how many followers she has, but I think she should have a million (and she probably does so I hope she will accept my honorary award anyway) Clouds' work is beyond fantastic. In my heart, I make cards like this, but my hands tell a different story once they begin to create. I began taking my photos on my window sill because of her. I followed her blog before I had a blog! She is just beyond for me. She makes me want to use PATTERNED PAPER. 

Nerina. Fogettabout it. She She She...makes me stutter she is so good. Her work, I like to call it DETAILED CAS. It's clean and simple, but there is so much detail in her design, whether it be in her coloring or the depth of her layers and placement of embellishments. She makes me want to do BETTER.

Jocelyn: Ok now I know I am not supposed to be jealous, but Jocelyn makes me feel jealous. I love her digital savvy SOOOO much. I wish I could create like her SOOOO bad. Her work is SOOOO clever that makes you grin. She has a dynamic body of work AND she is such a good soul. Her work is FRESH, unique, and edgy. Almost as if her calling was in media design/advertising. You just get drawn to her message. She was also a fellow GI top 20. (The entire group is pretty spectacular inside and out.). She makes me want to buy PHOTOSHOP.

if you want to see my original 5, click HERE.

Guess I should leave you with a card hu? Well here is one that didn't get picked up by Paper Crafts a while back. I gave it to my husband for his birthday, so it all worked out in the end!





Edited to Add: WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! This is what I get for making this post at 2:30 am. I was talking to Jen Rzasa and specifically said that I was going to have Pamela and then when I made the post, I spaced her out! I am a total idiot!!! PAMELA, you were my FIRST choice and I want you to know that. Jen Rzasa is my witness. Please accept this Liebster award. Pamela has THE best CAS designs I have seen in a long time. Hands down they hit you with a punch. Literally, my eyes dilate whenever I see a new post from her and if there is ONE person who deserves a click to view her blog, its her. I loved her blog so much, I suggested she add a subscribe button, so I don't miss a thing, and she did! 

9 comments:

  1. Nice card! I love the cute boat image, and I like how you've done the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally adorable card...love those clouds and such an adorable design...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...thank you, darling! You are the sweetest and too kind! You made my day! :) Your card is perfect for masculine birthday (I remember that call!). I am loving how you cut the strips of paper for the water--way cool. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! So pretty! I need to try taking pictures in my window sill. Lately I'm getting a yellow tinge on my pictures. I have to take like a million pics to get one I like.

    Congratulations on your 2nd Liebster award! I'm going to have to check out the blogs you nominated. I'm sure there is some great inspiration there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wida, your words are too kind and I appreciate them immensely, really, I am honored! I do not know how many followers I have either, some come and go and look at that's fine, but I think you hit the nail in the head as they say, my blog is meant to share my creative side, that's it, no serious competition, no name recognition (although it's super nice to have that too, don't get me wrong) but my blog is here because I luv crafting and I like to crafting blogging world. I've met some wonderful people through my blog, and that's what counts - thank you for your very kind words, really this is what it's about for me :) lovely card btw - luv the colors and the CAS look, cute!

    thanks,
    Clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Wida! Love the design and your choice of colors. The gray background really brings the other colors to attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the link to all those blogs that inspire you...I've added many to my reader!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...