Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beachorado Style for the Holes in Your Home

I wanted to follow up on a subject I started to address on my facebook page. Some newer homes now have  holes in the wall for TV's, art work etc. This makes for a difficult search for "just the right piece" of furniture. We moved into our home in the summer of 2011 and below you can see just such a hole. I don't know what the fancy word for it is...sorry.



Since this house cost lots of money in changing carpet and putting down hardwood floors, I thought I would save a few dollars and come up with a creative way to prop up our TV, which by the way, doesn't entirely fit in the hole.

I decided to get some books and slip cover them with scrapbook paper. The papers come in beautiful patterns. I had plenty of it and after getting some books from friends, it was going to cost me NOTHING. So I was really, really excited...until I tried to put the TV on top.

can anyone say weeble-wobble? And with 4 kids under the age of 8, not such a smart idea.



So I went to my local furniture establishments prepared to explain my BEACHORADO style in hopes of finding just the right thing, LOOK what I found! It looks just like my book idea but in a sturdy trunk. It was a bit small and cost more than nothing, but after putting some of the books on either side, I think it came out very nice!

Stay tuned for what I did with the rest of the books...

Wida

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool, much nicer than a boring TV cabinet. We still haven't found the right Tv cabinet, we will one day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...