Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mimi Two Ways... Twice the Fun!

Hi Everybody!

I thought I would play a challenge. I saw Fusion Challenge because Michelle on the DT used a Mimi stamp on her card and well, here I am! Here's a funny story...gather round.

See, I craft with my kids, mainly because they follow me around wherever I go. One day when I was deep in thought, they got into my gold paper and die cuts. Now this stuff is precious to me, almost like the real thing. Boy did I holler! Then mid yell, I looked down and saw this darling gold balloon.

Hmmm...thanks girls for the idea!


PB Blue Mimi

The scarf around her neck looked like a POP of gold to me. I actually see gold in my mind a lot. I think because I am infatuated with all things gold so even though it's a scarf, it looks like gold to me! Here is the photo.


and why stop with 1 Mimi? that would be awful! So I made another, this one is pretty easy to mass produce for birthday invitations too.

Wish Big

I tried some copic coloring. Unfortunately, Mimi looks like she needs to wash her face, but hey, she's a fun kid! Well folks that's it for me today! I will see you next time.

Supplies:
Penny Black Creative dies Pennant and Uplifting and Mimi Big Wish



19 comments:

  1. Love love love the first one! I love the gold and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi is so cute! I love the sparkly balloons and love the heart die cue piece on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet! Love the glittery balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two sweet birthday cards - love those gold balloons! The little Miss looks so cute - both color washed and colored in ! Thanks for joining us at Fusion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wida you always manage to make me giggle! I'm still practicing my copic skills as well, but both your cards are super fun and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold balloon! And love both cards! And hey, I see nothing wrong with your coloring...her little face is sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What super darling cards! Little Mimi is so sweet no matter how she's colored. Your posting always make me smile. I like your little funny comments that you infused within your writing! I bet your a great Mom and a fun person to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wida, I can't imagine you giving your kids a holler, even though they were dabbling in your precious gold stash! "Picturing" you doing so, however, does make me smile - and I'm sure your kids gave you sweet grins, eye-lash batting eyes and open arms for the hugs they knew were coming! How delightful that in the midst of the kafuffle, gold balloons appeared - perfect for your two absolutely x a zillion darling Mimi cards! She's a real cutie - reminds me of my niece! Great post; fabulous cards!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, Wida! I laughed at your story of the kids getting into your gold paper. I'd be yelling, too! What a bonus that they made you such a cute gold balloon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable and what a funny way that your girls helped you 'design' these cards! Love the watercolour wash on the first and the perfect colouring on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome it is to get ideas from ur kids :) love the gold balloon and the aqua color strokes :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wida, I love that you have really defined and honed in on your style. Awesome, awesome cards! I particularly love how you used an outlined Mimi for the first card, and gave it a watercolor wash. Funky and fresh. And thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute card wide, luv the blue yet girly feel of the card. I hope you are doing well in Ohio, still can't believe you have moved! C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...