Before I get to the card, I wanted to remind everyone that their is a new challenge starting up at My Thoughts Exactly Blog and the theme is SUMMER FUN. There is a guest designer position up for grabs along with prizes for everyone and 2 grand prizes! Details can be found here. If you are looking for the perfect stamp set for this challenge, check this cutie for only 2.95:
Today I am showing you how I made this graphic looking card using scraps and the Interactive Card Phrases stamp set.
1. cut 1/2 inch strips of the colors of your choice (I used scraps)
2. tape them down really well in a vertical pattern
3. round the corners using a 1/4inch corner rounder
4. cut the small square on a diagonal 1/4 of the way down from the top
5. stamp the arrow (I left this very generic so I may use it for a birthday or graduation, I can always stamp additional sentiments on the inside
6. glue the top portion flat, pop up the bottom portion
7. stamp "lift me" and punch out using the Stampin' Up word window punch
8. attach tag to the money using baker's twine
9. admire your work, preferably with peanut m&m's!
I discovered a new revelation about blogging...Chapter 5, EXECUTION IS CRITICAL. Last night as I was making this card, the Runway Inspired Challenge post came up. I looked admiringly at the DT entries and I realized that the execution of their ideas were flawless. I made a decision that I would deliver the same. The best bloggers not only have great ideas, but the workmanship is excellent. I am going to focus on that aspect of my card making now. (I just keep setting the bar higher and that is just fine with me!)