Sunday, February 19, 2012

Case Study Challenge #78

Case study Blog has a new muse. Her name is Karola Witczak and she makes beautifully feminine cards. I thought I would give this one a try because I liked the shapes she used as well as the color scheme. If you want to see more card entries or enter a challenge yourself head over to Case Study Challenge. 

Here is one of Karola's lovely cards and the inspiration this week:






And now get ready for my take on it. I showed my husband, Lance, and he had to look at it for a minute before he understood my interpretation. I am not sure if he thought my card was a success. I think he favored her more ornate card, and who wouldn't love the details and embellishments? I can't argue with him!



I used the concept of 3 flowers with the gems, The scallop shape, the flowers, and the banner. I adored the colors she used, so I tried to use the same. And the baker's twine, cuz I bought a bunch in bulk (I don't feel as bad using it, knowing I have a ton more, that's my way to get over hoarding, just buy in bulk and you feel OK about using it) and felt it worked. I debated using a satin ribbon instead, but thought the baker's twine gave it a fun vibe. Not too Stuffy!



Supplies: Baker's twine, scalloped square punch and 1 inch square punch, stamps PTI and Girl's Paperie (though don't hold me to that!), Iroc gems

See you later!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous CAS take on the CASE Study this week! I love how you identified the main elements of Karola's card and put your own spin on them!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do men know? This is an amazing CAS card - just up my street! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!!!! I am a big fan of the whole bakers twine idea... especially when it is the two color kind! Very, very pretty card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a CAS girl myself and I adore your card with all its glorious space. Your cluster of embellishments are absolutely perfect and the bakers twine sets the whole thing off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wida, you have a wonderful blog! It's full of delicious projects :) I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...