Monday, January 30, 2012

Case Study #75: Submission 2


This is my second card for the Case Study Challenge #75. Here is Jen Rzasa's card again:


You can't show me a rainbow and expect only ONE card!

And here is my card. I flipped the rainbow colors to the sentiment and instead used an embossing folder for the stripes at the bottom. I tried to keep the big sentiment and clean design.

Regret: I wish I wouldn't have used yellow in the center, didn't show up that great ;(

Supplies: Stamp Hero Arts, cuttlebug embossing folder

I have had this little blog for a month and through it learned about CHALLENGES of many different kinds.

1. Card CHALLENGES are fun and push me to think up designs which is something I really didn't do much of.

2. Computer CHALLENGES, blogs are a big technical and thank goodness my father in law Gary is a wiz at the computer.

3. Creative CHALLENGES, I have finally discovered my style which is CCAS-cute clean and simple-I'm still working on the clean part! execution of the card is as important as the design I am learning!

4. Camera CHALLENGES. Let's not underestimate the value of a phenomenal photograph of your creation. It makes all the difference. I don't have a light box, but thank goodness for good ol' fashion Colorado light.

ok enough blabber...Thank you for stopping by! See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one, too! Very interesting way to "stripe" the bottom of the card and the multi-hued inks are really striking on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, great idea with the gradient stamping! Thanks for playing the CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...